Book in a Box
Join Niagara University for our re-imagined Books, Balls, and Blocks - now called Book in a Box! Book in a Box is a free, exciting way to bring fun games, stories, art activities, and developmental screenings into your home for children from 4 months to 5 years old.
How it Works:
- Register your child(ren) online (please note eligibility requirements below prior to registering).
- Complete an Ages and Stages questionnaire online. The screenings are being provided through a partnership with Help Me Grow. Following the completion of your registration, a link will be provided.
- Wait for the arrival of your box!
- Have fun!
- Parent/guardian must reside in Niagara County, NY.
- Child(ren) must be between the ages of 4 months to 5 years old.
- Parent/guardian must complete ASQ-SE 2 and ASQ-3 before recieving their Book in a Box (more information provided upon registration submission).
Inside the Box:
- A developmentally appropriate book for your child.
- Large and fine motor activities that correspond with the book.
- Art activity with supplies.
- Early literacy activities.
- And more!
SUPPLIES ARE LIMITED!
NOTICE: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we will not be holding in-person events until it is safe to do so.
Funded by the United Way of Greater Niagara, "Books, Balls and Blocks" is a program created for children between 4 months, and 6 years of age. Occurring each fall and spring semester, the free events feature.
- Fun activities on site for children including games and art activities, interactive stories, and more.
- Fun activities for parents to do at home.
- Developmental and early literacy screenings.
- Book giveaways.
“Books, Balls, and Blocks” is presented through a partnership with Help Me Grow Western New York and the Niagara County Early Child Care Quality Improvement Project, housed in Niagara University’s Rev. Joseph L. Levesque, C.M. Institute for Civic Engagement. During the 2018-19 year, 155 children participated in the early learning/literacy activities provided at Books, Balls, and Blocks. Of those, 26% received on site ASQ-3 screenings, and 5% were screened with the ASQ-SE2. To date, 329 children have participated in Books, Balls, and Blocks.
If you have any questions or would like further details, please call 716.286.8567 or email.