2017 Volunteer Hall of Fame: Nomination Form
New to the 2017 LiveNF Volunteer Fair is the Niagara Falls Volunteer Hall of Fame. Each year at the Volunteer Fair, individuals who have made a significant impact on the lives of others through a lifetime commitment to community service will be entered into the Niagara Falls Volunteer Hall of Fame.
Nominations for Volunteer Hall of Fame inductees are open to the public. Please see below for details and to nominate someone who you think deserves this recognition for their service to the community.
- Nominees must be/have been a resident of the City of Niagara Falls while serving in a volunteer capacity.
- Nominees must have a minimum of 15 years worth of community service (not necessarily at one organization) to qualify for selection.
- The honor may be awarded posthumously.
- A person may be nominated multiple times; however, Hall of Fame status can be attained only once.
- Members of the LiveNF Volunteer Fair Planning Committee will collaborate with the Mayor's office and Congressman Brian Higgins' staff to select the Hall of Fame inductees.
- All decisions are final.
- The inductee will be notified in early April.
- The formal induction will take place at the annual LiveNF Volunteer Fair. This year's fair will be held on April 18.
- Winners must sign a release agreeing to their photos, bios and information about organizations they have volunteered for being published in the Hall of Fame program, promotional materials and display. Media may also be notified.
- Length of volunteer service.
- Scope of volunteer activity.
- Needs addressed by the nominee's volunteer service.
- Community collaborations developed.
- Creative, innovative, sustainable approaches to solving a problem.
- Challenges overcome by nominee in order to volunteer.
- The impact the nominee's volunteer service had on the organization and community.
- Please fill out the nomination form below (only completed applications will be accepted).
- If there are any questions please call ReNU Niagara at 716.205.0289 or email email@example.com.
- Nomination deadline: March 31.