Rock the Block
Rock the Block 2019: A SONYMA Spruce Up Event
Rock the Block 2019 is scheduled for Wednesday, May 15 from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Rock the Block is a one-day, annual event aimed at improving curb appeal in the South End of Niagara Falls, N.Y. Volunteers participate in minor home repairs, painting, landscaping and more. Registration will open at 8 a.m. at 219 Niagara St. (the lot between Third and Niagara streets). The rain date for Rock the Block is Thursday, May 16, 2019.
Thank you to all who registered! If you'd like to register to volunteer for Rock the Block, please call 716-286-8750.
What will I be doing? Working with a team on property improvement, including painting, porch repairs, landscaping, gutter repairs and more. Detailed information will be provided to teams in advance of the event.
Work Area: 4th Street to Memorial Parkway; From Pine Avenue to Niagara Street.
Rock the Block 2018 IMPACT
Over 200 volunteers joined us to Rock the Block on May 16, 2018. See the IMPACT below:
- 204 volunteers Rocked the Block
- 35 homes were repaired, painted, landscaped, etc. (including 23 residential and 12 city)
- 76 vacant lots were mowed in partnership with the City of Niagara Falls
- 10 alleys had debris removed, landscaping done and garages painted
- 4 city corners were landscaped (mulch,perennials planted, etc.)