Rock the Block
Sign Up Today for Rock the Block: May 20, 2020!
Rock the Block is a one-day, annual event aimed at improving curb appeal in the South End of Niagara Falls, N.Y. Each year over 200 volunteers join us to make an impact on resident and city owned homes, storefronts, alleyways, and vacant lots. Volunteers help with painting, landscaping, minor home reparirs, general clean-up, and more. This year's Rock the Block is also Niagara University's Day of Service! Sign up to join us for Rock the Block 2020 on May 20!
Rock the Block IMPACT:
Rock the Block 2019 Impact:
- 224 volunteers worked on minor home repairs, painting, landscaping efforts, fencing and general clean up.
- $73,050 in economic impact value.
- 24 homes had work completed that day (12 residential, 12 city, and 5 recently offered to NORDIC Land Bank).
- 15 alleys stretching from Niagara Street to Pine Avenue were cleaned.
- Work stretched over 34 city blocks.
- 250 NIACAP brochures were distributed to residents about weatherization, insulating windows and doors, and more. 10% of the families who received these brochures called NIACAP for their services.
- Cleaned Niagara Street medians from Fourth to Eighth Streets.
Rock the Block 2018 Impact:
- 204 volunteers Rocked the Block
- 35 homes were repaired, painted, landscaped, etc. (23 residential, 12 city).
- 76 vacant lots were mowed in partnership with the City of Niagara Falls.
- 10 alleys had debris removed, landscaping done and garages painted.
- 4 city corners were landscaped (mulch,perennials planted, etc.)